No matter what kind of ants you have in your home, they all seem to be a nuisance you want to get rid of. Killing the ones you see is no guarantee that their friends won’t be back. Different ant species will have different sized colonies, but know that when you see one ant, it usually belongs to a colony of hundreds, if not thousands more.
Ants leave a pheromone trail to their new food source. Similar to the storybook breadcrumb trail we all learned about as kids. It helps them find there way back to the nest, but also lets others find there way to the new food source. Here’s a few tips to get you started on ant control.
- Determine what kind of ant – not all ants can be treated the same way
- Try to watch the ants to see where their invisible trail is – you’ll want to clean with a multi-purpose cleaner or vinegar solution later.
- If you set out bait stations, or poison, resist the urge to squish the ants you see. You want them to take the poison back to their nest!
Are Ant Control Home Remedies Effective?
Some home remedies can have some effectiveness in deterring ants from entering your home. Certain ones can even effectively kill the ants that are visible. However, not all home remedies account for the different kinds of ants. Different treatments will be needed for different kinds of ant infestations. Most people think that ants only live outside in your yard, when in reality, ants that can live inside your walls or under your foundation. And if it seems like you just can’t get rid of them, you may have an infestation on your hands.
What we do for ant removal…
- Inspect your home – carpet edges, doors, windows, and kitchen areas.
- Identify the kind of ant.
- Effectively treat these areas and the colonies nest.
If you live in Southern Maryland and are having a hard time getting rid of ants, give us a call. We service the tri county area including St. Mary’s county, Charles county, and Calvert county. We know how to identify and effectively rid your home of ants!